Nest’s Healthy Relationships programme is for everyone! Run it in your community, your youth group, at school, at work or one to one. The information & delivery (which can include Teen Talks© / Sensitive Subjects© material as appropriate) is designed to prevent sexual violence via education, health promotion and prevention activities.
Nest works closely with work places, schools, communities, clubs, communities of special character and the disability sector to run programmes suitable and accessible to all. We believe that education is the best strategy to prevent sexual violence in our communities.
Nest’s Healthy Relationships programme was developed by experts in consultation with community groups of all ages, young people and people with disabilities (& their supporters) who were asked what they want to talk about and learn, with the aim of preventing sexual violence in communities.
What is it?
The programme can be delivered in multiple formats:
Nest liaise with you in advance to establish the appropriate level of education and resources for any particular client/group.
Let us know what suits you best for your group or individual and we will provide you with a quote.
– delivered in work places, to sports groups, to community providers & in schools. Also delivered 1:1 particularly for those with additional needs – available face to face or on-line
– between 1 & 5 modules – fit these modules into a meeting or sports meet, a corporate health & wellbeing session, a health class (we are flexible and can work with your timetable)
– a programme delivered over an hour once a week for a few weeks
– a week of one hour sessions that fit in with an NCEA topic area – if related to school setting
– PD for leaders/teachers/carers on sexual violence and managing disclosures
– PD for leaders/teachers/carers – training & support to deliver age appropriate and impactful consent programmes (this can fit into pre-scheduled Teacher PLD times)
– a mixture of PD for leaders/teachers/carers to deliver part of the programme with Nest facilitators taking 1 or 2 of the sessions as guest presenters
– whanau information workshop on sexual violence, consent, the issue with porn …
– a one day programme – revolving workshops
– a ‘consent’ assembly or half day workshop
– your own idea
The programme aims to teach young people how to:
have healthy relationships based on respect, negotiation and consent
identify inappropriate behaviour
get help if they, or someone they know, are in an unhealthy relationship
safely intervene in situations that could lead to harm.
It is is a strengths-based programme that believes all people are able act with respect towards their mates, dates, family and community in all interactions. It aims to to develop skills on communicating, understanding consent, building healthy and respectful relationships and how to support each one another. It can include topics such as How to Identify Safe Relationships, Consent, NZ Law, Sexuality, Pornography vs Reality, Media Awareness & Understanding What Shapes Us, Celebrating Diversity, Healthy Communication (including how to respectfully end a relationship), Supporting Others & Being an Upstander, Resources and Help Available If Things Go Wrong. Nest can also provide information on Safe Sex, Contraception & Fertility.
- specific activities and knowledge tailored for every group.
- can be run by one or two facilitators (having two facilitators demonstrates a heathy relationship by its delivery).
- 15-24 year olds are the group most at risk from violence by current and ex-partners.
- 1 in 5 female and 1 in 10 male secondary school students report unwanted sexual contact or being made to do unwanted sexual things. 37% describe it as severe and 57% tell no-one.
- Working with young people is one of the most effective ways of preventing sexual and dating violence.
Fees may vary depending on your requirements and are outlined below. We charge per group not per head.
Fees: We suggest a maximum of 30 students per group . Please see Terms & Conditions
Initial Whanau/Parents/Carers/Teachers Information Session (60 – 75 mins):
$250 for Auckland based* schools/groups
$280 for schools/groups based outside of Auckland
Student/Individual sessions (45 – 60 mins):
Let us know your requirements and budget and we are confident we can work out a plan to meet your needs. Be assured we, along with most other agencies, are actively looking for ongoing funding to fill this space.
*If the venue is outside of Auckland &/or a city centre by more than 40 km there may be specific booking Terms / Weeks and/or cost neg. due to travel/accommodation allowance: please contact us for a quote.
- Payment is by internet banking or PayPal.
- Please note that all in-school and group education packages are quoted exclusive of GST