Are you looking for an Programme to empower girls, increase their self awareness, develop an understanding of what their body is telling them & explain why it’s important to listen to it? This programme can be run including female caregivers (Mother, Aunt, GrandMother etc), designed to strengthen relationships and understanding.
Your prefered provider for in-school education (also available for youth groups). Now NZ-wide!
Cycle Smarter© is a short programme enabling girls (and their female caregiver if desired) to understand the changes at puberty, menarche and, if delivered to older girls, the value of fertility awareness. It is suitable for girls in Yr 5 – Yr 13 and content is adjusted to suit age groups. The programme is about achieving an understanding of body, emotion and mind pubertal changes, the reproductive systems, the menstrual cycle, fertility with its relationship to the menstrual cycle & a girl’s normal cyclical symptoms as well as gaining skills and accessing resources. When including a female caregiver (Mother, Aunt, GrandMother etc) stories and experiences can be shared and celebrated.
- Your amazing body 🙂
- Physical / Emotional / Psychological / Sociological elements of puberty & change
- Overview of reproductive anatomy
- Menstruation & Products (incl. organic options, disposable pads, washable pads, tampons, internal cups, washable undies)
- Irregular cycles / Anovulation / Pain with solutions
- Dependent on group / age: Natural fertility signs (mucus, sensation, temperature & cervical position)
- PMS (see article here)
- Dependent on group / age: Assessing gynaecological & fertility health (including information about Endometriosis / PCOS)
- Dependent on group / age: Charting or recording cycles (incl. apps)
- Knowledge and understanding whilst addressing fears & correcting myths
- Providing an excellent tool to assist girls/women of all ages in assessing their gynaecological and fertility health (age appropriate information given)
- Understanding & dealing with effects of changing hormones
- Awareness of the observation of fertility signs that all females experience during their menstrual cycles (age appropriate information given)
- Empowerment & informed choices.
- Self esteem.
- Good body image
This Programme can be delivered during or after class time or after school (~2 hrs)
Maximum number of girls per class = please enquire
If you would like ‘add ons’ to this programme (covering additional related topics) please see our ‘Teen Talks© Programme’ (designed for Yr 9 – Yr 13).
Click here for Testimonials & our most recently visited schools!
Cycle Smarter©: Cost
2018 Costs, Fees will vary depending on your requirements and are outlined below.
- Payment is by internet banking, PayPal or cheque.
- please note that all in-school and group education packages are quoted exclusive of GST
2018: LIMITED TIME: CURRENTLY AWAITING NEWS OF ANY GRANTS OF AVAILABLE THROUGH NFNZ FOR THIS PROGRAMME! For more details go here: NFNZ Grant Details
Programme cost guideline: $350.00 for 2.5 hr class **
We are flexible in terms of delivery options (eg over 1 or 2 classes)
Max. number in each class = please enquire
Please ask for a quote which will depend on the specifics of the programme / number of students / length of each programme
If the venue is outside of a main centre there may be specific Terms/Weeks in the year to book and/or an additional accommodation/travel allowance.
Please ensure cancellations are made with at least 48 hours notice to avoid a 50- 100% charge
Call or email for more information or to book.