‘Let’s Talk Periods!!’
Are you looking for a Programme to empower young people, increase their confidence and self awareness, develop an understanding of what their body is telling them & explain why it’s important to listen to it!? Learning about the menstrual cycle and how to manage periods, along side other aspects of puberty is crucial. This programme can be run as a school programme (2/3 day) or in the community including caregivers; designed to strengthen relationships and understanding.
Much of this information is incorporated into our Positive Puberty Plus© full day programme, delivered to girls and boys.
Your prefered provider for in-school education (also available for youth groups). Now NZ-wide!
Cycle Smarter© is a short programme enabling young people to understand the changes at puberty, menarche and, if delivered to older girls, the value of fertility awareness. It is suitable for Yr 5 – Yr 13 with the exact content adjusted to suit the age group. Through the lens of the Hauora approach, the programme is about achieving an understanding of body, emotion and mind pubertal changes with reference to spiritual and cultural significances. The reproductive systems, the menstrual cycle, fertility with its relationship to the menstrual cycle, normal & abnormal cyclical symptoms & the choices of period products (including environmentally friendly & reusable items) are just some of the topics covered. Young people will gain skills and confidence, access resources and be directed to period products, particularly if not available at home.
When including a female caregiver (Mother, Aunt, GrandMother etc) stories and experiences can be shared and celebrated.
- Your amazing body 🙂
- Physical / Emotional / Psychological / Sociological elements of puberty & change including cultural diversity
- Overview of reproductive anatomy
- Menarche & Periods – When/Why/How
- Managing your Menstrual Cycle – recording, observing & understanding
- Periods! Everything you need to know
- Menstruation & Products (incl. organic options, disposable pads, washable pads, tampons, internal cups, washable undies)
- How to access period products
- Irregular cycles / Anovulation / Pain – & when/how to take action
- Dependent on group / age: Natural fertility signs (mucus, sensation, temperature & cervical position)
- PMS (see article here)
- Dependent on group / age: Assessing gynaecological & fertility health (including information about Endometriosis / PCOS)
- Dependent on group / age: Charting or recording cycles (incl. apps)
- Knowledge and understanding whilst addressing fears & correcting myths
- Strategies to reduce period stigma and period poverty
- Providing an excellent tool to assist young people of all ages in assessing their gynaecological and fertility health (age appropriate information given)
- Understanding & dealing with effects of changing hormones
- Awareness of the observation of fertility signs that all females experience during their menstrual cycles (age appropriate information given)
- Empowerment & informed choices.
- Self esteem.
- Good body image
Often times this programme is delivered to Yr 5 whilst Yr 6 receive our Positive Puberty Plus© programme.
Maximum number of students per class = please enquire
If you would like ‘add ons’ to this programme (covering additional related topics) please see our ‘Teen Talks© Programme’ (designed for Yr 9 – Yr 13).
Click here for Testimonials & our most recently visited schools!
Cycle Smarter©: Cost
2020 Costs, Fees will vary depending on your requirements and are outlined below.
- Payment is by internet banking, PayPal or cheque.
- please note that all in-school and group education packages are quoted exclusive of GST
2020: LIMITED TIME: CURRENTLY AWAITING NEWS OF ANY GRANTS OF AVAILABLE THROUGH NFNZ FOR THIS PROGRAMME! For more details go here: NFNZ Grant Details
Programme cost guideline: $350.00 for 2.5 hr class **
We are flexible in terms of delivery options (eg over 1 or 2 classes)
Max. number in each class = please enquire
Please ask for a quote which will depend on the specifics of the programme / number of students / length of each programme
If the venue is outside of Auckland &/or a city centre by more than 40 km there may be specific booking Terms / Weeks and/or cost neg. due to travel/accommodation allowance: please contact us to discuss.
Call or email for more information or to book.