An informative evening for those who are experiencing or anticipating Menopause (known as Peri-menopause), or who wish to support or are just curious about it. All are welcome. An in depth and empowering evening: developing an understanding of Peri/Menopause, why our hormones behave the way they do and the effects this can bring. Looking at self-cares, strategies, natural and medical options including the latest research.
If you would like to gather together a few friends and have a fun (truly!!) night learning, chatting and laughing about all things Menopause please contact us – all you need is a TV with HDMI input (we have the lead) or a projector, ~2 .5 hrs and refreshments!
This includes a presentation, lots of up to date, accurate information, product examples, a Q&A and fun! There will be a break for refreshments part way through.
Humorous, Informative & Current 🙂
We can also find a venue if you prefer.
- M=Menstruation – Menopause stages (Biology 101 with puppets!)
- E=Emotion (Hormone Rollercoaster?)
- N=Nighttime (While you were not sleeping)
- O=Other effects (Why a cardigan is your best friend)
- P=Pros & Cons of MHT – previously known as HRT (Latest research translated)
- A=Alternative and Complimentary (We all love a compliment!)
- U=Upwards & Onwards (Womens health care)
- S=Sexuality (Libido, what libido?)
- E=Emergence (It was worth staying to the end: time for you x)
Presenter is a qualified women’s health & fertility nurse (RGN) with a current practicing certificate and is also accredited by Natural Fertility NZ (NFNZ). She regularly attends Conferences & Workshops to ensure the latest accurate information is at hand.
HOW TO BOOK:
Use the Contact Us form. Let us know where you are in the country and we will be in touch.
As a community initiative we have reduced our costs to – $380 incl GST. (Please enquire re. any travel additions applicable). For corporate packages please see Workplace Workshops
We invoice and require payment from the booker via direct transfer / PayPal prior to the event. (Most hosts then arrange reimbursement from each attendee).
There are no minimum or maximum numbers – just as many as you can comfortably seat with a view of the TV (generally if in a home environment between 8 & 20)
This includes a presentation, lots of up to date accurate information, product examples, a Q&A and fun!
Humorous, Informative & Current.
We can also find a venue if you prefer, although this may attract an additional expense.
FEEDBACK: ‘What did you most enjoy?’:
* Relaxed atmosphere & very informative throughout
* Great timing for me as I’m starting to experience a few symptoms. So very informative, very knowledgeable and great presenting!
* Loved the variety of information and the comedy.
* Laughed, cried, laughed some more 😉
* Loved the celebration of women and the Menopause song skit!
* Learning information and interesting info on Menopause
* Great info.
* Well presented with varied information. Found it really valuable.
* Understanding reasons for symptoms.
* Talking about what can be helpful.
* Up to date research and info.
* Balanced view of Menopause.
* Gaining an awareness of the different stages of Menopause.
* Enjoyed my girls night out! Who’d have thought! Will be recommending it to my friends and colleagues. You are a wonderful presenter.
In addition if you would like to know more about your fertility during peri-menopause we offer individual appointments to learn about charting your cycle.
During Peri-Menopause a woman’s hormone production becomes erratic, fertility drops and menstrual periods stop.
Menopausal symptoms are caused by the shutting down of the ovaries and the decrease, and eventual cessation, of the production of the hormone oestrogen. Symptoms vary from minimal to severe and may precede changes in periods. Symptoms may include irregular bleeding, hot flushes, night sweats, skin changes and itching, vaginal dryness, urinary symptoms, osteoporosis, loss of libido, breast tenderness, tiredness, weight changes, forgetfulness, depression and anxiety.
Menopause is said to have occurred once a woman has had no periods for a year and/or a blood test to check Follicle Stimulating hormone is at a post menopausal level.
After menopause has occurred, many women report increased energy and libido due to no longer having to worry about pregnancy.
The Benefits of Fertility Awareness
Natural Fertility N.Z. Educators, as provided by Nest Consulting, can help women understand changes in their cycles by teaching them the signs and symptoms of their fertility and how to record these daily on a chart. Women can then monitor their declining fertility and accurately predict menstruation. By taking advantage of increasing infertility women can avoid unnecessary use of contraceptives. Charting will show if a woman is still releasing eggs (ovulating) and reassure her that she is not pregnant.