A special kit for those starting their journey towards managing periods. A fantastic way to open and continue conversations about growing up. It has everything a young person needs to feel prepared for their first period including a menstrual calendar & two great guides answering all those tricky questions about puberty, menarche and menstrual product options. Watch out for some special surprise treats inside too! Scroll down for a full description.
And why not something for them and something for you?! Raising tweens/teens in this complex world can be a challenge and as parents and caregivers we want to stay on the same page: Nest has recently released a book, published by Allen & Unwin, ‘The Kids Will Be All Right’ containing invaluable information alongside conversation starters, a teen’s and a parent’s viewpoint and many ideas and kiwi resources to help you get through 💗 You can order it here
The Nest.Box has everything a young person needs to feel prepared for their first period including a menstrual calendar & two great guides answering all those tricky questions about puberty, menarche and menstrual product options. Watch out for some special surprise treats inside too!
Your Nest.Box will be sent to you discretely (the sticker on the box only states ‘your starter pack’)
The nest.box© includes:
(images above are examples only – exact content specifications may change however will include the following)
- Nest Starter Pack Box
- Nest’s ‘Welcome to the Journey – Growing Up’ Bracelet – various designs
- Nest’s Guide to Periods Leaflet
- Nest’s Guide to Menstrual Product Choices Leaflet
- Specially designed Menstrual Calendar (to learn how to track your cycle)
- NZ made Wheatie Heat Pack (for those tummy twinges) – various designs
- Stress Ball or similar (to manage those emotions – mood swings…who me!)
- Pen/Pencil and Note Book (to manage those feelings) – various designs
- Stickers (to decorate note book) – various designs
- Fun Sleep Mask (to ensure your 8-10 hours of slumber) – various designs
- Funky socks (cause puberty means we have to wash them more often!)-various designs (if there’s a specific colour choice please let us know in comments at checkout!)
- Herbal Tea Bags – Blood Orange of course! (to help relax)
- Cute Purse to discreetly store products in school bag (you’ve got this 🙂 ) – various designs
- Pack of wet wipes or tissues (always handy)
- Hygiene product sample (i.e. facial wash / soap / tissue pack)
- Fun Lip Balm – various designs
- A large variety of Period Products: (our sample products are examples of many different brands available in NZ including environmentally responsible products i.e. 100% cotton). Exact contents may vary however will always include samples of the following:
- non-applicator tampons
- applicator tampons
- regular pads
- night-time pad
- panty liners
- coupons / flyers for product (as in stock & provided)
- Some gorgeous goodies and treats! Chocolate (of course!) & more
IN ADDITION, FOR A FULLER CONVERSATION ABOUT ALL PRODUCTS AVAILABLE IN NZ, YOU CAN ADD IN THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
The options are:
- Washable pad (limit of 1) Comfortable and stylish. Brand (generally either Charlie Banana or Mint bamboo), black/colour/design will vary. Regular sizing
- ‘Hello’ Washable pad (limit of 1)The Hello Pad holds the same as 5 regular pads or tampons, it’s leak-proof, machine-washable and tumble-dryer friendly! The patented leak-proof technology means it’s darn reliable – you can wear it all day. Unlike most other brands, the Hello Pad doesn’t have a polyurethane plastic layer which means it can be tumble dried! It also means there’s no ‘crackly’ sound when you move around.The delicate silicone pattern on the underside ensures it stays put and doesn’t bunch so no need for ‘wings’. There are also handy straps on the side that you can choose to use to hold the pad in place. The patented fabric technology means moisture is whisked away super quick meaning you feel dry and comfortable.
- ‘Hello’ Period Undies (limit of 1) Comfortable, thin, and super absorbent – superior fabric that’s odour resistant, antibacterial + breathable. Patented moisture-wicking technology with gorgeous design for absorbent undies that exceed expectations and look pretty darn gorgeous at the same time. Machine washable and tumble dryer safe! Equal to 5 tampons or pads. Designed in NZ, made in China, in an ethically-run factory. Exterior: 78% polyamide, 22% elastane. Absorbent textile: 97% polyester, 3% elastic.
- Love Luna period wear (limit of 1)
This bikini or midi brief absorbs 10-15ml (2-3 regular tampons) It is made of Nylon/Elastane with a lining of Cotton/Elasthane & padding of Polyester/Viscose/Elastane (exclusive of trims). Love Luna are made in Indonesia. Affordable and accessible. Different colours/patterns
- Moraka Cup – Sz Small for teens (limit of 1)
Made from medical grade silicone and are FDA approved. Moraka cups come in a reusable cylinder that combines packaging and a place to keep them. Moraka Cups are an affordable, sustainable and cost effective cup. Moraka is a student run business under the Young Entrepreneur Scheme. ‘Moraka’ means freedom of the body and expression – this aligns with the core values of the business.
- ‘Mini’ Cup from Wā Cup NZ (limit of 1)
A cup for teens/ menstruators just starting out. Premium quality; made of medical grade, FDA registered, plastic free, silicone. Easy use design, this cup will last you up to 10 years. Your Wā menstrual cup comes with: a friendly user guide, a cotton Wā storage bag & a compostable, reusable box.
- ‘Hello Cup’ – Sz Small for teens (limit of 1)
Multi-award-winning menstrual cup – size small & suitable for teens. The Hello Cup is hypoallergenic, medical-grade TPE (thermoplastic elastomer) – silicone and BPA free. It holds 3x more than single-use tampons and pads and is reusable for years. Made with love in New Zealand. Recyclable + compostable packaging (clear film is made from plants, not plastic!)
*** The Kids Will Be All Right – And why not something for them and something for you?! Raising tweens/teens in this complex world can be a challenge and as parents and caregivers we want to stay on the same page: Nest has recently released a book, published by Allen & Unwin, ‘The Kids Will Be All Right’ containing invaluable information alongside conversation starters, a teen’s & a parent’s viewpoint and many ideas and kiwi resources to help you get through 💗 *** You can order it here