A special kit for those starting their journey towards managing periods. A fantastic way to open and continue conversations about growing up. It has everything a young person needs to feel prepared for their first period including a menstrual calendar & two great guides answering all those tricky questions about puberty, menarche and menstrual product options. Watch out for some special surprise treats inside too! Scroll down for a full description.
A special kit for those starting their journey towards managing periods. A fantastic way to open and continue conversations about growing up (and, for those who have worked with Nest at school it provides continuity from Nest’s School Programmes to Home).
It has everything a young person needs to feel prepared for their first period including a menstrual calendar & two great guides answering all those tricky questions about puberty, menarche and menstrual product options. Watch out for some special surprise treats inside too!
It will be sent to you discretely (the sticker on the box only states ‘your starter pack’)
The nest.box© includes:
(images above are examples only – exact content specifications may change however will include the following)
- Nest Starter Pack Box
- Nest’s ‘Welcome to the Journey’ Card
- ‘Growing Up’ Bracelet – various designs
- Nest’s Guide to Periods Leaflet
- Nest’s Guide to Menstrual Product Choices Leaflet
- Specially designed Menstrual Calendar (to learn how to track your cycle)
- NZ made Wheatie Heat Pack (for those tummy twinges) – various designs
- Stress Ball or similar (to manage those emotions – mood swings…who me!)
- Pen/Pencil and Note Book (to manage those feelings) – various designs
- Stickers (to decorate note book) – various designs
- Fun Sleep Mask (to ensure your 8-10 hours of slumber) – various designs
- Funky socks (cause puberty means we have to wash them more often!)-various designs (if there’s a specific colour choice please let us know in comments at checkout!)
- Herbal Tea Bags – Blood Orange of course! (to help relax)
- Cute Purse to discreetly store products in school bag (you’ve got this 🙂 ) – various designs
- Pack of wet wipes or tissues (always handy)
- Hygiene product sample (i.e. facial wash / soap / tissue pack)
- Fun Lip Balm – various designs
- Sanitary disposal bag sample
- A large variety of Period Products: (our sample products are examples of many different brands available in NZ including environmentally responsible products i.e. 100% cotton). Exact contents may vary however will always include samples of the following:
- non-applicator tampons
- applicator tampons
- regular pads
- night-time pad
- panty liners
- coupons / flyers for product (as in stock & provided)
- Some gorgeous goodies and treats! Chocolate (of course!) & more
IN ADDITION, FOR A FULLER CONVERSATION ABOUT ALL PRODUCTS AVAILABLE IN NZ, YOU CAN ADD IN THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
The options are:
- Charlie Banana washable pad (limit of 1) Comfortable and stylish. Free from perfume, chlorine and chemicals. The top layer of super-soft microfleece makes these unbelievably stain-free! They are backed with waterproof PUL and lined with absorbent, quick drying microfibre. Colours & designs will vary. Regular 20cm long x 7cm wide
- AWWA washable menstrual undies (limit of 1)
AWWA are a NZ company producing period panties that look and feel just like your normal underwear, but hold and absorb up to two regular tampons’ worth of blood. AWWA undies provide: an outer layer to provide a leak-resistant barrier, a super-absorbent bamboo layer to hold and absorb the blood, an anti-microbial layer that uses the latest fabric technology to prevent odours & a layer closest to your skin to draw moisture away fast, ensuring you remain dry.
- Love Luna period wear (limit of 1)
This midi brief absorbs 10-15ml (2-3 regular tampons) It is made of Nylon/Elastane with a lining of Cotton/Elasthane & padding of Polyester/Viscose/Elastane (exclusive of trims). Love Luna are stocked by My Cup NZ and made in Indonesia. Made to be both affordable and accessible.
- NOT CURRENTLY IN STOCK Teen Cup by ‘My Cup NZ’ (limit of 1) – NOT CURRENTLY IN STOCK
Perfect for first time cup users aged 12-18 years – Size 0 – Especially designed for those who have never used a cup before! Suitable for young people who may use small and/or regular tampons. Designed and made in New Zealand from medical grade silicone.
- ‘Mini’ Cup from Wā Cup NZ (limit of 1)
A cup for teens/ menstruators just starting out. Premium quality; made of medical grade, FDA registered, plastic free, silicone. Easy use design, this cup will last you up to 10 years. Your Wā menstrual cup comes with: a friendly user guide, a cotton Wā storage bag & a compostable, reusable box. Your purchase subsidises a Wā Cup for someone in need, preventing period poverty from affecting education in NZ. #StandingOvulationToThat
- ‘Hello’ Menstrual Cup for Teens (limit of 1)
Designed for teenagers trying a cup for the first time. It is smaller than the Hello Cup S/M and has a slightly thicker inner rim to help it pop open easier. The Teen cup is super soft and comfortable. Hello Cup is proudly made and designed in New Zealand using top notch medical grade TPE (a type of plastic) imported from Germany.
- NOT CURRENTLY IN STOCK ‘Oi Girl’ Cup – Sz Small (limit of 1)
The ‘Oi Girl’ cup from New Zealand’s social enterprise, Organic Initiative, is their smallest size and a great start for those just starting out on their journey to managing periods. The Oi Cup™ is made with medical grade TPE (Thermoplastic Elastomers) for softness and comfort sourced from overseas.