*Natural Fertility Services
Natural Fertility is the science and art of managing fertility by observing and utilising the changes in a woman’s body which occur quite naturally each cycle; it is the understanding of fertility symptoms and the recognition of their implications. At Nest Consulting, we teach the sympto-thermal method (STM) of natural fertility management. STM is a modern, scientifically based, medically endorsed, drug free, environmentally and body friendly method.
Fertility Awareness allows a woman (and her partner) to develop an awareness of the changes in her body indicating fertile and infertile times within her cycle. Fertility Awareness is about observing the relationship between fertility and the menstrual cycle; allowing an understanding of when she/they are able to achieve a pregnancy and when she/they are able to avoid conception. Therefore, Natural Fertility – Fertility Awareness can be utilised as a natural form of family planning (avoidance of conception) and for spacing between children or as a method to enhance the likelihood of achieving a pregnancy each cycle whilst identifying certain fertility issues if present.
In teaching the link between fertility and the menstrual cycle women and their partners can:
- Accurately target their days of fertility each cycle to increase their chances of conceiving per cycle (this can be as few as 2 days or as many as 6 days)
- Quickly alert themselves to potential fertility issues
- Utilise a safe, reliable, drug free method for avoiding conception / family planning
Knowing when you are most fertile can help you plan a baby, as well as avoid conception. So Natural Family Planning can offer help to couples who are having difficulty conceiving.
Natural Fertility Planning is Safe and Effective International research shows that the latest methods of Natural Family Planning are as safe as the mini pill (98% effective).
The Method Involves Carefully Recording:
- Cervical mucus symptoms
- Basal body temperature
- Changes in the cervix
Effectiveness Depends On:
- The cooperation of both partners
- Supervision in the early stages
- Instruction by a trained educator
- Ongoing motivation
Nest Consulting have the services of an Accredited Natural Fertility New Zealand (NFNZ) Educator:
Natural Fertility New Zealand Incorporated (NFNZ) is a national organisation of trained and continuously up-dated Fertility Educators who have undergone an extensive training programme in natural fertility management.
Fertility Educators provide education on fertility awareness and teach natural fertility management to individuals, couples, medical and health professionals.
The sympto-thermal method of natural contraception taught by Natural Fertility NZ Accredited Educators is a scientifically proven method backed by international studies, and supported by their Medical and Scientific Advisory Board.
The method involves a woman recognising her fertile time by observing and understanding her bodily signs and avoiding intercourse on fertile days.
NFNZ believe there are two reasons are believed to be behind the current increase in interest in natural family planning methods:
- A swing away from hormonal contraceptives by women wanting a more natural and healthy lifestyle
- The greater effectiveness of modern natural methods.
Natural Fertility NZ calls for shared responsibility and decision-making which means that women are no longer burdened with the sole responsibility for contraception.
For the Empowerment of Women through Effective Education Natural Fertility Management Helps Couples
To understand their fertility as a couple
To share responsibility
To make informed decisions
To feel confident
NFNZ Educators also provide group education for schools and community groups and Continuing Medical Education (CME points) for medical and health professionals. They are recognised by the Midwifery Council of New Zealand for CME elective points and provide the fertility awareness component of the Sexual Health Workers training for NZ Family Planning.
NFNZ accredited Educators are Committed to:
- being nationally consistent
- empowering women
- supporting individuals and couples
- supporting families
- respecting the Treaty of Waitangi
- focusing on fertility awareness and natural fertility management
- using scientifically reliable procedures
- providing value for money
- promoting good health
An evening for those who are experiencing or anticipating Menopause, or who wish to support or are just curious about it. All are welcome. An in depth and empowering evening: developing an understanding of Peri/Menopause, why our hormones behave the way they do and the effects this can bring. Looking at self-cares, strategies, natural and medical options including the latest research.
If you would like to gather together a few friends and have a fun (truly!!) night learning, chatting and laughing about all things Menopause please contact us – all you need is a TV with HDMI input (we have the lead) or a projector, ~2 hrs and refreshments!
This includes a presentation, lots of up to date, accurate information, product examples, a Q&A and fun! There will be a break for refreshments part way through.
Humorous, Informative & Current 🙂
We can also find a venue if you prefer.
- M=Menstruation – Menopause stages (Biology 101 with puppets!)
- E=Emotion (Hormone Rollercoaster?)
- N=Nighttime (While you were not sleeping)
- O=Other effects (Why a cardigan is your best friend)
- P=Pros & Cons of HRT (Latest research translated)
- A=Alternative and Complimentary (We all love a compliment!)
- U=Upwards & Onwards (Womens health care)
- S=Sexuality (Libido, what libido?)
- E=Emergence (It was worth staying to the end: time for you x)
Presenter is a qualified womens’ health & fertility nurse (RGN) with a current practicing certificate and is also accredited by Natural Fertility NZ (NFNZ).
FEEDBACK: ‘What did you most enjoy?’:
* Relaxed atmosphere & very informative throughout
* Great timing for me as I’m starting to experience a few symptoms. So very informative, very knowledgeable and great presenting! 🙂
* Loved the variety of information and the comedy.
* Laughed, cried, laughed some more 😉
* Loved the celebration of women and the Menopause song skit!
* Learning information and interesting info on Menopause
* Great info.
* Well presented with varied information. Found it really valuable.
* Understanding reasons for symptoms
* Talking about what can be helpful
* Up to date research and info
* Balanced view of Menopause
* Gaining an awareness of the different stages of Menopause
* Enjoyed my girls night out! Who’d have thought! Will be recommending it to my friends and colleagues. You are a wonderful presenter.
In addition if you would like to know more about your fertility during peri-menopause we offer individual appointments to learn about charting your cycle.
During Peri-Menopause a woman’s hormone production becomes erratic, fertility drops and menstrual periods stop.
Menopausal symptoms are caused by the shutting down of the ovaries and the decrease, and eventual cessation, of the production of the hormone oestrogen. Symptoms vary from minimal to severe and may precede changes in periods. Symptoms may include irregular bleeding, hot flushes, night sweats, skin changes and itching, vaginal dryness, urinary symptoms, osteoporosis, loss of libido, breast tenderness, tiredness, weight changes, forgetfulness, depression and anxiety.
Menopause is said to have occurred once a woman has had no periods for a year and/or a blood test to check Follicle Stimulating hormone is at a post menopausal level.
After menopause has occurred, many women report increased energy and libido due to no longer having to worry about pregnancy.
The Benefits of Fertility Awareness
Natural Fertility N.Z. Educators, as provided by Nest Consulting, can help women understand changes in their cycles by teaching them the signs and symptoms of their fertility and how to record these daily on a chart. Women can then monitor their declining fertility and accurately predict menstruation. By taking advantage of increasing infertility women can avoid unnecessary use of contraceptives. Charting will show if a woman is still releasing eggs (ovulating) and reassure her that she is not pregnant.