Would you like to learn how to avoid conception naturally while breastfeeding? If so, Nest Consulting can help!
As you probably know, breastfeeding:
- Provides the ideal food for your baby
- Provides health benefits for you
- Can delay the return of fertility
How Can Nest Consulting help?
There are two methods of Natural Family Planning for breastfeeding mothers. They are reliable, safe and natural. They do not affect your baby or your breastmilk and support your decision to breastfeed.
The two methods of natural family planning are:
- The Lactational Amenorrhoea Method (LAM):
- The Breastfeeding Charting Method:
This is for a mother whose baby is less than six months old and fully breastfed. You may be able to rely on breastfeeding as your sole means of family planning but this depends on certain criteria being met. You will need to consult a Natural Fertility N.Z. Educator, as available through Nest Consulting, to determine if LAM is suitable for you.
This method monitors changes in mucus symptoms, along with baby’s feeding pattern to show you when your fertility is returning. Your Natural Fertility N.Z. Educator, as available through Nest Consulting, will help you apply the guidelines to avoid pregnancy.
How Do I Learn?
To find out more, simply make an appointment with Nest Consulting, and we will help you decide the most suitable method for you. You will receive personal and confidential instruction, with regular contact and support. Your Educator will discuss with you when it’s time to change to another method of natural family planning.
Is it Easy to Learn?
YES. Most couples learn very quickly to observe, record and interpret the signs of fertility.
Natural Fertility whilst Breastfeeding is:
- Natural, no effect on breastmilk
- Healthy for mother and baby
- Supportive of your decision to breastfeed
- Benefit from personalised instruction and support, tailored to your individual situation
- Learn in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere
- Learn from a qualified Fertility Educator
- Tap into specialist knowledge and get accurate answers to your questions
- Benefit from ongoing support by phone or email
Mothers are taught this method in an individual consultation and the Educator keeps in contact monthly to ensure that circumstances have not changed.
It is very important that the method is taught by a knowledgeable and experienced Educator, as provided by Nest Consulting, to ensure that mothers confidently recognise the signs of returning fertility.
NFNZ accredited Educators, as provided by Nest Consulting, have qualified from the only accredited training programme in New Zealand for teaching the LAM method of contraception.
Why use our service?